Each person in the PCC community must stay glued to a rule of accountable behavior. This document communicates the objectives that PCC has of pupils, and it is designed to educate and guide pupils to comprehend their obligations. This Code is aligned utilizing the College’s Non-Discrimination declaration and shall never be administered in a discriminatory way. Every work will soon be designed to balance the requirements and legal rights associated with the person using the welfare for the grouped community in general. This Code pertains to all learning pupils, recognized pupil businesses, and groups of pupils. In addition, pupils who will be signed up for particular academic programs are required to follow along with those associated scholastic and standards that are professional.
Consensual Relationship Statement
Note: The Consensual Relationship declaration happens to be under review. For the absolute most policy that is up-to-date go to the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
The faculty seeks to keep professional, reasonable, and impartial relationships between faculty/staff and pupils. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come right into consensual intimate relationships with their students. Concerns of fairness, coercion and favoritism may arise visit this link. Consequently, faculty/staff must not participate in consensual romantic relationships with regards to students that are current. Down load the Consensual Relationship Declaration.
View the statement that is complete
In addition, people who supervise or measure the ongoing work of pupils must certanly be sensed become making their decisions fairly and without favoritism. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come right into consensual intimate relationships with their pupils.
Faculty and staff are cautioned that consensual intimate relationships with their students can be unwise and problematic, and really should be prevented. Whenever consensual relationships that are romantic, concerns of fairness, favoritism, and coercion arise:
- Such relationships may undermine the true or sensed integrity of this direction offered, in addition to particular trust inherent into the student-faculty relationship.
- Relationships by which one celebration is in a situation to examine the job, or impact the career of this other might provide grounds for problem whenever that relationship seems to provide access that is undue benefit, limits possibilities, or produces a hostile and unsatisfactory environment for other people.
- Such relationships may, furthermore, be less consensual than the average person whose place confers energy believes. The connection will be recognized in various means by each one of the events to it, particularly in retrospect. Although some relationships can start and stay harmonious, they have been vunerable to being characterized as disrespectful and unprofessional to others.
Consequently, faculty/staff must not participate in consensual intimate relationships along with their students that are current.
The student should be discouraged from enrolling in courses taught by the instructor or entering into work situations in which she/he would be supervised by the staff member if a faculty or staff member has a pre-existing consensual romantic/sexual relationship with a student. The faculty/staff member should remove him/herself from academic or professional decisions concerning the student if the student does enroll in the course or work for the staff member.
Should a faculty/staff user and their pupil result in an intimate harassment fee, the school is obligated to research and resolve the fee prior to the issue procedure into the Non-harassment Policy.
Kids on PCC Characteristics
Kids are welcome on Portland Community university campuses and properties in appropriate circumstances even though earnestly monitored by a moms and dad, guardian, or adult that is responsible. This policy describes the faculty’s way of making certain reasonable steps are taken fully to protect the scholarly research and work place for the university, in addition to wellness, security, and obligation dilemmas connected with young ones on PCC properties. Download the Children on PCC qualities policy.
Kids on campus Scope
This policy relates to minor kiddies (children) beneath the chronilogical age of 16 who aren’t formally signed up for classes or used by the faculty. This policy doesn’t affect arranged activities such as for example going to a subscribed kid care center, after college care activities, school industry trips, and authorized programs including, although not restricted to, athletic occasions, movie movie theater productions, art programs, along with other activities geared to kids.
Pupils beneath the chronilogical age of 16 who will be formally enrolled, as well as for whom an underage that is authorized type is on file utilizing the Admissions Office, have a similar liberties, obligations and privileges of every other pupil within the class room as well as on university properties.
The school seeks to offer a breeding ground that will be conducive to examine and work. Kiddies must certanly be earnestly supervised by their parent, guardian, or adult that is responsible all instances when they have been on university properties.
College staff, faculty and administrators have actually the duty to direct the elimination of a young youngster relative to part 3.6 with this policy.
Unaccompanied kiddies: Due to security and obligation dilemmas, except as otherwise defined in this policy, under no circumstances may unsupervised kids be on university properties, including playing, roaming, and occupying campus grounds or structures.
Any university employee whom discovers a child that is unaccompanied college properties should notify Public Safety regarding the precise location of the youngster.
Kiddies can’t be permitted in areas where their existence is troublesome or where wellness, security, and obligation dangers are identified. Areas by which young ones are NOT allowed include:
- Testing facilities
- Classrooms (as soon as the teacher determines that the existence of kiddies will be unsuitable)
- Laboratories and preparation that is laboratory
- Scientific, technical and maintenance work areas
- Fine or performing arts work areas or studios Areas which contain hazardous chemicals, equipment or equipment
- Commercial kitchen areas as well as other preparing food areas
- Fitness gyms
The areas could be defined as unsuitable for kids because of a danger evaluation and supervisors for the particular areas are expected to notify staff and pupils of needs or limitations.
PCC transport solutions
Whenever kids are people in every PCC automobile, including shuttle buses, the operators among these automobiles aren’t accountable for making sure child people meet kid security demands. This is the duty associated with care provider to make sure that any young child associated them meet up with the child security demands. Where security restraints aren’t available, the care provider will guarantee the youngster is correctly seated to reduce accident that is possible damage. Failure to adapt to these tips can lead to care and child provider being rejected transport (as relevant to ORS 811.210).
Obligation associated with the University
- To offer a breeding ground conducive to examine and work with all learning pupils, staff and site site visitors.
- To present a healthier and safe study and work place for several pupils, staff and site visitors also to adhere to legislative requirements.
- To simply just just take reasonable actions to help pupils, staff and site site site visitors and also require unique has to allow usage of facilities and solutions.
Obligations of individuals children that are bringing the faculty
- To simply take reasonable actions to protect the safety and health for the kiddies within their care while on college properties.
- To think about the risk that is potential the safety and health of other people which will have bringing young ones in to the College environment also to simply simply take reasonable actions to shield against those risks.
- To result in the behavior regarding the young ones within their care, so as to not disrupt, inconvenience or endanger staff, pupils or other site site visitors.
Obligations of PCC staff and teachers
To removal that is direct of kid relative to this policy if:
- The little one’s safety or health are at danger;
- The kid is presenting an ongoing health, security or obligation danger to home or other people;
- The kid’s behavior is causing undue interruption to the job of pupils or staff; or
- The existence of youngster is unsuitable.
Trainers are accountable to direct the removal of kids from their class. When it comes to public areas, any person in staff working gets the authority to direct that kiddies be taken out of the region.
Pupils who want to attract a certain situation, or whom are not able to comply, may stick to the Code of Student Conduct hearing procedure as outlined when you look at the PCC Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
For problems, concerns, and much more details about the method, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Development Committee Chair: Wendy Palmer for internal questions about these policies, contact